Learn about the person hiding behind the camera...
My name is Melissa Cursons.
I am a Portrait Photographer (and Physical Therapist) in Yorkton, Saskatchewan.
I have been enjoying photography for more than 25 years.
I love to continue building my skills to improve my art every chance I get.
I love capturing the expressions of people in love.
Smiles, giggles, belly laughs, smirks, embraces, sideways glances...
I LOVE IT ALL!
I think that all of those moments pass away far too quickly
and I believe that taking a bit of time to capture these treasures is so very important.
Some other things to know about me:
- I think my family is HILARIOUS! Having two boys has taught me patience, how to love more deeply than I ever thought possible and a somewhat concerning appreciation for fart jokes.
- I love COFFEE! I don't think that this can be understated...
- Time outdoors, playing in the garden, can overt nearly any crisis.
- I am pretty shy most of the time. You know when I feel really comfortable around someone when you find me cracking jokes and coming out of my shell.
- I love to see the silver lining and beauty in everything!
I hope that you enjoy the images in the galleries...
I had a great time creating them with all of these amazing kids and families!
I look forward to meeting you and getting to know about the people and parts of your life that you hold dear.
If you have any questions, please click the "Contact Me" button below. I will be sure to respond to you as soon as possible.
(aka Mom, Missy, Mel, Meliss, Missa, Mouse, Giggles, Hey you)
This is why I am so passionate about printed art!
I believe that printed photos are treasures!
For those of you who haven't met me personally yet, these are photos of my Dad and I when I was little.
He passed away when I was 2 years old. I have lived my life knowing him and his love for me through photographs.
I had these photos tied into my bouquet so that my Dad could walk me down the aisle on my wedding day with my Mom.
These are some of the reasons why printed artwork is so incredibly important to me.
Printed photographs remind us of the people we love, the connection that holds us together and the special moments we have shared once those moments are gone.